Friday, February 22, 2013

Books I've Read This Week

The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer is a follow up to his The Inner Circle novel in which librarians take on the president. Well technically they are archivists from the US National Archives but it is just as exciting as you would think. Look, my Dad really likes Brad Meltzer's novels and I borrowed this from him and read it in an afternoon between hockey games on TV. Now you can either think it is a gripping mystery novel or I'm a really fast reader. It's up to you to decide.
The Lost Stars: Tarnished Knight by Jack Campbell is a bait and switch! I thought we were getting another Black Jack Geary novel but this one is set on the recently freed Syndicate start system of Midway. Even though it isn't what I was expecting it is still a pretty good novel that follows a couple of CEO's as they try to gain control of the Midway system and free it from the communist Syndicate rule.

Soon enough there will be a new Black Jack Geary novel on the way in The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Guardian.

Hmmm...a bit negative today maybe I'll be more positive next week.

No comments: